I don’t write as often as I’d like, but I do find myself talking into a microphone quite a bit these days! Here’s where you can find me.
I have a weekly podcast called Less Than Or Equal on the Relay podcasting network. The show’s tagline is “Pursuing equality in geekdom by celebrating the diverse and their accomplishments.” I love being able to talk with geeky women, people of color, members of the LGBTQAIP community, people who are disabled, and others who are breaking the mold every week!
I also talk on the JEMcast about everyone’s favorite 80s cartoon, Jem and the Holograms! My cohosts, K Tempest Bradford and Alex Knight are a riot and I love picking apart the show, episode by episode.
Lastly (for now), I also appear on various shows on The Incomparable, a podcast network by nerds about examining pop culture through a geeky lens. I even have my very own show appearances page! I’m particularly fond of the Game Show episodes, as hilarity often ensues.
Want to hear more from me? Here you go:
- 7 Ways to Enrich the Tech Industry (June 10, 2015): a talk I gave at AltConf about how you can make inclusive spaces for underrepresented people.
- The Lessons of GamerGate (June 10, 2015): a panel I did at AltConf with Brianna Wu and Jean MacDonald about what technical spaces are like for women and how those spaces can become better.
- Clockwise #92: Betas are for Chumps (June 17, 2015): about the future of Apple Music, iPad productivity features, beta operating systems, and operating system upgrades.
- GeekCross 25: Girls Can Love Princesses and Also be Geeks (July 30, 2015): about being an advocate, why princesses aren’t the worst, and my perennial favorite: LEGO.
- Clockwise #99: I Wear Amber Goggles at Night (August 12, 2015): Alphabetizing Google, blocking web ads, navigating with map apps, and improving iOS.
- The Chalene Show: The Most Important App You Will Ever Download August 12, 2015): What do you do if your accounts, even your bank accounts, are compromised? I talked with Chalene about what she did when that happened to her and how 1Password is making her life easier and more secure now.
- Clockwise #112: I’m Leaving the Internet Now (November 11, 2015): The iPad Pro arrives, the threat of Ransomware, Android gets Apple Music, and Apple TV week two.
- Clockwise #122: It Always Comes Back to Robot Butlers (February 3, 2016): Streaming services we rely on, home automation we’re proud of, Apple’s rumored move toward exclusive video, and shiny happy customer service stories.
- The MacNN Podcast #52: Hail the encrypt-keeper! (February 22, 2016): Why are password managers important and how can you (and your family) get on board with one? Now you’ll know!
- Beyond the Todo List #127: Aleen Simms on digital organization and security with 1Password (February 29, 2016): That’s a pretty self-descriptive title, isn’t it?